- How forced improvisation evolved into a mass movement
- What is good about ZUMBA?
- Varieties of the program
- Basic exercises
Forget about boring, debilitating workouts and enjoy physical activity zumba fitness for life-affirming Latin American rhythms. Learn what zumba and fitness are in dance, why is it popular in 185 countries?
How forced improvisation evolved into a mass movement
This fitness program in the early 90’s was developed by the Colombian “star” instructor Beto Perez. It is based on a combination of sports and dance movements. All training takes place in the spirit of a party – a rhythmic musical accompaniment. As a rule, this is incendiary Latin American music with Arabic motifs and elements of hip-hop.
The fitness program was born spontaneously when Beto Perez came to practice without the usual music. Used in aerobics classes, he forgot the tape at home, so I had to put on my tape record favorite records that were in my backpack: Latin salsa and merengue. This incident was a turning point in the life of Beto: during the training rhythms were awakened in Peres by a dancer. As a result – a symbiosis of aerobics, belly dancing, salsa, samba, reggaeton and tango.
In 2000, in Miami, Perez opened the first school for zumba instructors. Later the project interested businessmen Agion and Perlman. At the beginning of the zero years, the companions registered the zumbu as a brand. The idea of accessibility, which was followed by businessmen, soon yielded results. Through DVD-discs and interactive classes, anyone could master simple and effective movements in a matter of days. All necessary video and audio zumba fitness materials, as well as branded clothes and training shoes, can be ordered on the company’s official website. To become a zumba fitness instructor, it’s enough to take two-day courses and get a certificate.
What is good about ZUMBA?
The standard occupation in the zumba lasts 45-60 minutes. Its obligatory stages are: warm-up, learning new and repeating old movements, dancing, relaxing with stretching. During the training alternate slow and fast rhythms. The load of varying degrees of intensity helps actively burn fat and strengthen muscles. In zumba, as in most cardio programs, the end pump the legs of a girl result depends on the frequency of training. To maintain muscle tone, fitness instructors are advised to practice three times a week. If the ultimate goal – the formation of muscles, zumbu need to alternate with strength training.
The advantages of the program:
- It is accessible to everyone, including people with a low level of physical fitness, children, the elderly.
- Rhythmic music energizes, raises the mood. Thanks to her, training ceases to be a debilitating, heavy burden.
- With a zumba keep yourself in good physical shape easily, because extra calories are burned cheerfully and unnoticed.
- The element of improvisation is not alien to the fashionable trend in fitness, although basic exercises do exist.
- The program is effective for losing weight, because from 700 to 900 calories are burned for one workout.
Varieties of the program
In ZUMBA there are two basic sets of exercises. Beginners first teach the key movements of kumbia, merengue, salsa and reggaeton. The complicated version of the program includes four more rhythms: samba, tango, baldens and flamenco.
In addition to the base, there are specialized directions, developed taking into account the characteristics of different age groups. For example, the program “Kids Junior” includes the movements available to kids 4-6 years old. For older zumba fitness children (up to 11 years) the course “Zumba Kids” is oriented. Beto Peres adheres to the position that it’s never too late to practice dance fitness. For older students, the instructor developed the Zumba Gold program.
The variety of techniques in dance fitness is amazing:
- “Aqua Zumba” is a classic training in the water, and the atmosphere resembles a party in the pool. This program is recommended for pregnant women, people with large excess weight, problems of the musculoskeletal system.
- “Interval Zumba” – half an hour intensive sessions for fast weight loss under rhythms of “latina”. At the heart is a combination of circular training and dance movements.
- “Zumba Sentao” is, in fact, a dance with a chair. Use of the support during the exercise allows you to improve coordination and strengthen the muscles, increases stamina.
- “Zumba Step” is another fat burning program, but with elements of step aerobics. The purpose of training is to improve the shape of buttocks, thighs, legs, tighten the abdomen.
- “Zumba Tonin” – a combination of dance and power movements, selected in such a way that during the exercise all muscle groups were involved. The course is designed for those who want to quickly lose weight, adjust the figure. During training, sports equipment is actively used: dumbbells, sticks, step-platforms.
To learn a zumba is simple – it is enough to master basic movements. So, one of the main steps of merengue is marching, but not army, but with the swinging of the hips from side to side. Imagine that you press your feet with grapes. Having mastered rhythmic walking, complicate the movement: alternately put your hands on your hips, on your shoulders, straighten them up, spread them apart. There is another option to diversify walking. Bend your arms in front of you so that your forearms lie horizontally at the chest level. Then press your elbows against the body. Keep your forearms parallel to your torso. Then hands again straighten up and spread out to the sides.
The next movement is walking with a step to the left and to the right. Make first two steps in one direction, then the same in the other. Hips when walking, as in the first case, it is necessary to swing. To move to the beat, it was easier, keep your arms bent at the elbows near the bottom of the case. When you master the dance step step, go to a new level of complexity. While walking, touch the hips and shoulders with your hands, and then straighten the upper limbs above your head, spread them to the sides.
The base exercises of the zumba are steps with cotton. Take the initial position – legs together, hands are lowered. Take a step to the right and clap your hands. Put your left foot to the right. Cotton. One more step to the right. Cotton. Put your foot. Cotton. Now repeat the same movements, but to the left. Be sure to smile during all exercises. Keep your head straight.
Now you can proceed to the implementation of the original motion of the merengue – “beto shuffle”. Spread your legs to the width of your shoulders, keep the body straight, place your hands behind your back. Imagine that you skate, pulling the body in the direction, then the left, then the right shoulder. The heel of the straightening leg at the moment should be zumba fitness torn off the floor, and the sock should rotate. Set the rhythm of the body, feel how the oblique abdominal muscles work. Strengthen the effect by making the wave with your hands then one way, then the other. So you work out the biceps and triceps. To increase the load on the hips and buttocks, bend the knees and make a rack below.
Can everyone do zumba fitness? Age restrictions for classes, as already mentioned, no, but there are medical contraindications. Intensive training is not suitable for people with a sick heart and high blood pressure, chronic diseases of bones and joints, neurological disorders.